For a hearty dish to get you through the final stretch of Winter, you can’t go past our Moroccan Lamb with Apricots.
Moroccan Lamb with Apricots
WHAT YOU NEED –
1.5kg lamb shoulder chops, trimmed and halved
2 tablespoons flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large brown onion, cut into wedges
1 long red chilli, finely chopped
2 large cloves garlic crushed
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon turmeric
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
825g can apricot halves in natural juice
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup toasted flaked almonds
HERE’S HOW –
1. Preheat oven on CircoTherm® setting to 140°C.
2. Drain apricot halves. Pour juice into a measuring jug and top up to 2 cups with water.
3. Toss chops in seasoned flour.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large oven proof pan on medium heat. Cook chops in batches until well browned. Remove from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil in the same pan and add onions, garlic, and chilli. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until onions have softened. Reduce heat and add cumin, turmeric, ground coriander and cinnamon. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
6. Stir in combined juice from apricots and water. Stir until boiling.
7. Return lamb to CONTINUE READING