NEFF’s 50 Best Home Cooks Competition 2018
Valid 29th May 2018 – 3rd July 2018
Conditions of Participation and Entry
THIS PROMOTION INVOLVES SKILL BASED ELEMENTS
1. Following are the Conditions of participation for NEFF’s 50 Best Home Cooks Competition that features on theneffkitchen.com.au (Promotion) including eligibility, age limits, exclusions, how to enter and the details of the prizes available to be won.
2. Participation in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Conditions.
3. Competition Link means the link located on The NEFF Kitchen website located at https://theneffkitchen.com.au/50besthomecooks.
4. Prize means the following:
One first prize comprising of:
(a) a four day luxury escape to Post Office Lane, Crackenback, New South Wales comprising of:
(i) two return economy airfares to Canberra from the winner’s capital city, which will be subject to availability and cost of flights available, with the Promoter having the sole discretion to approve the winner’s preferred dates and times for flights booked;
(ii) three nights’ accommodation at ‘Post Office Lane’ luxury escape and cooking school in Crackenback Valley, New South Wales valued at up to $1,650;
(iii) food and beverages package for two people for the period of the three nights and four days which includes 16 meals (8 per person), valued at up to $960;
(iv) cooking class for two people located within the Post Office Lane complex, valued at up to $640 ($320 per person);
(v) recreational activity selected from a range of Post Office Lane partners valued at up to $600 ($300 per person);
(vi) transfers for two people to Post Office Lane from Canberra airport and transfers back to Canberra airport from Post Office Lane, valued at up to $450;
(b) any NEFF products up to the value of $5,999 RRP; and
(c) a $100 Mount Zero Olives voucher redeemable online at https://mountzeroolives.com/ .
One second prize and one third prize both comprising of:
(a) Any NEFF products up to the value of $5,999 RRP; and
(b) a $100 Mount Zero Olives voucher redeemable online at https://mountzeroolives.com/ .
One each of fourth prize to fiftieth prize each comprising of:
a $100 Mount Zero Olives voucher redeemable online at https://mountzeroolives.com/
5. Promoter means BSH Home Appliances Pty Ltd (ABN 22 109 198 405) of Gate 1, 1555 Centre Road, Clayton, Victoria 3168.
6. Promotion Period means the period between 12:00pm AEST on 29th of May and 12:00pm AEST on 26th June 2018 (inclusive).
7. Entry is only open to Australian residents over 18 years of age at the date of entry.
8. How to Enter:
To participate in the Promotion, entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
(a) go to theneffkitchen.com.au/50besthomecooks;
(b) submit an entry via the Competition Link by uploading an original photo (i.e. created by the Entrant) of their own home cooked meal along with their recipe title and description of why this is their favourite meal to cook at home.
No third party trademarks/logos/intellectual property are to be shown.
The submitted photos must not infringe on third-party rights i.e. footage must not deliberately or inadvertently contain another company’s trademark, logo or intellectual property because that may cause your photo to be disqualified. Examples to watch for: a trademark/logo on clothing or a trademark/logo on other household items. The ONLY permitted trademarks or logos are the NEFF trademark or logo, which is not required to be in your photo, and will not influence the judging. The Promoter may elect to blur incidental third party trademarks or logos in photos at its sole discretion. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned.
Photos and text that the Promoter considers are offensive or inappropriate will be removed and will not be eligible to win.
9. Entries must include all requested contact details. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible to win. All winners will also be required to submit a written recipe for their dish, via a template provided by BSH. Failure to do so will result in the participant not being eligible to win.
10. Entries are deemed to be received at the time the Promoter receives the entrant’s entry in accordance with these Conditions and not at the time of transmission or completion by the entrant. Entrants can only enter once.
11. The top 50 entries will be chosen via public vote. Voting will take place on theneffkitchen.com.au/50besthomecooks between 12:00pm AEST on 29th May 2018 – 12:00pm AEST 3 July 2018. If entries have equal votes, the entries submitted first will be awarded the prize. Each person can only submit one vote.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winners will be notified by phone and/or email and their names and entries will be published on theneffkitchen.com.au. The winners will be required to follow the instructions provided to claim their prizes. Winners must redeem their prize before 6 of July 2019. Mount Zero Olives vouchers must be redeemed in one transaction.
14. If, despite reasonable attempts, the Promoter is unable to contact a winner as voted by the public by 12:00pm AEST on the 27 July 2018, the entrants (as applicable) will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize with no compensation or other prize payable in lieu and at midday on that day the next entry with the highest number of votes will be awarded the relevant prize. The new winner will be notified by phone and/or email and their names will be published on theneffkitchen.com.au.
15. The winner (as applicable) will be given the Prize, which can be redeemed directly from the Promoter by calling BSH Home Appliances Customer Service on 1300 087 033.
16. Any other elements of the Prize including installation and all other ancillary costs incurred as a result of taking the Prize, unless specified as included, are not included and remain the responsibility of the winner. All installation of appliances must be performed by a certified A-grade electrician in order to retain the NEFF warranty
17. No element of the Prize is transferable, assignable or exchangeable.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the relevant Prize.
19. Nothing in these Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other non-excludable warranties under applicable consumer protection laws in the relevant States and Territories of Australia where a purchase is made (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
20. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in a bonus to that stated in these Conditions; or
(e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant.
21. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) to disqualify any claimant; or
(b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority (if any), to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
22. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries for this Promotion. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
23. Subject to Condition 19, to the extent permitted by law (in particular the Fair Trading Act 1999 (Vic) and the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), entrants hereby exclude, release and forever discharge the Promoter, Promoter sponsors and all other persons involved in the organisation, conduct and promotion of the Promotion and provision of the Prize (Associated Entities) from all liability for claims, loss, damage, costs or expenses that arise from or connected with participation in the Promotion and / or receipt of a Prize.
24. Subject to Condition 19, the Promoter and the Associated Entities and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) by any person in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
27. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request the winner provide proof of age, identity and residency prior to awarding any element of the Prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
28. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions, the entry will be discarded and a new winner will be determined by drawing a further valid entry.
29. Subject to Condition 19, and without limiting Condition 24, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies including the Associated Entities will not be liable for any damage in transit to Prizes.
30. All entrants must submit only their own original entry, which must not have been previously published in any forum worldwide. Entries that are found to have been derived from the works of a third party; or previously published will be considered invalid and, if awarded a Prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
31. If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State /Territory Regulations. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize supplier’s requirements. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated.
32. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s submission, name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or the Associated Entities.
33. The Promoter, associated companies, participating licensees, on-sellers and their employees (and their immediate families), and their agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. Professional chefs (people who cook food as a profession) are also ineligible to enter this competition.
34. A term (or part or parts thereof) of these Conditions will not apply where the term is unenforceable under the law of the relevant jurisdiction under which any legal action is legitimately taken, however such terms (or part or parts thereof) are severable and do not invalidate the remaining terms.
35. These Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in Victoria, Australia.
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering and participating in the Promotion, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
© BSH Home Appliances Pty Ltd 2018.