- Prep time:
- 40 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 40 minutes
- Chilling/ Freezing Time:
- 2 hours
- Level of Difficulty:
|250g plain chocolate biscuits|
|80g butter, melted|
|500g cream cheese, softened|
|¾ cup caster sugar|
|1 tsp cornflour|
|2 tbsp lemon juice|
|3 eggs, lightly beaten|
|2 cups sour cream|
|60g dark chocolate, melted|
|500g pitted cherries|
- Preheat the oven on CircoTherm 130˚c. Lightly grease and base line a 23cm springform pan.
- Place the biscuits into a food processor and process until crumbed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Press the biscuit mixture evenly into the base of the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and cornflour in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the lemon juice and eggs and mix well. Add the sour cream and mix on a low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour ¾ of the mixture over the biscuit base. Gradually combine the remaining mix with the melted chocolate until evenly blended.
- Place spoonful’s of the chocolate mix onto the cheesecake and using a skewer swirl the mixes together. Gently tap the pan to level the cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecake onto the multipurpose pan and cook on shelf position two for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheesecake is just set. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour before removing. Allow to cool then refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Preheat oven for the cherries on CircoTherm at 200˚c. Place the cherries onto the multipurpose pan that has been lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with sugar then cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the juices release from the cherries and the sugar dissolves. Place the cherries and the juice into a bowl and allow to cool. Serve with the cheesecake.