- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 50 minutes
|2 yellow nectarines, stone removed and sliced|
|1 punnet strawberries, hulled and halved|
|1/3 cup maple syrup|
|2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste|
|300mls thickened cream|
|1 tablespoon plain flour|
|1 yellow nectarine, extra, stone removed and sliced|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
- Layer the nectarine slices and strawberries into 6 x 185ml greased ramekins.
- Combine in a large bowl the maple syrup, vanilla, cream, eggs and flour and whisk until smooth. Pour the custard mixture over the fruit in each ramekin.
- Place the ramekins into the large perforated tray and cook on FullSteam 80°C for 40-45 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool at room temperature then chill.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter and brown sugar and cook over a medium heat/setting 5 for 3-4 minutes, stirring until the butter and sugar become syrupy and slightly thickened. Cool slightly.
- Decorate the custards with the reserved nectarine slices then drizzle each with a little of the syrup. Serve immediately.
As an experienced home economist and Food Designer Trish has worked over the span of her career in the food and home appliance industry as a demonstrator, teacher, recipe developer and food stylist. For more than 20 years she worked for and later managed the test kitchen for a large FMCG company working on some of Australia’s most trusted and iconic food brands, developing recipes and usages for their products as well as styling mouth watering images for cookbooks and websites. She has also appeared regularly as a brand ambassador on a number of well loved television cooking shows.