The Benefits of an Induction Cooktop
Cooking over flame is a practice as old as humankind itself. So, it makes sense that gas cooktops have been a popular choice over the years. But when it comes to cooking with speed, safety and blissful convenience, induction cooktops certainly have their advantages!
Ready to embrace the future? Here’s why you should consider and Induction cooktop. You can thank us later!
What is an induction cooktop?
An induction cooktop uses an electro-magnetic field to transfer energy from a concealed copper coil beneath the cooktop, directly through to the pan you’re cooking with. What does this mean? The friction between molecules heats the pan itself rather than the cooktop, which remains pleasantly cool to the touch.
Keep in mind, only iron-based pans work with induction, so switching from a gas cooktop may mean you need to pension off some old pots in your arsenal. If you’re unsure, the best way to test whether a pan will work on an induction cooktop is with a simple magnet. If the magnet attaches to the pan’s base, you’re good to go.
What are the benefits of switching from gas to an induction cooktop?
- Unlike a gas cooktop, an induction cooktop doesn’t have a life flame, making it a much safer alternative. Our induction cooktops are also well-equipped with child safety locks for extra comfort, making your kitchen safe for small hands. As soon as you activate this safety feature, your control panel will be locked so kids can’t accidentally switch things on or change your settings.
- It makes cleaning easy. That eggy carbonara sauce or piece of crispy pancetta won’t bake on to the surface – a simple wipe of the flat glass surface and you are done!
- An induction cooktop heats the contents of your pan almost instantly, so there’s no more standing around twiddling your thumbs waiting for your pasta water to boil. Whether you’re prepping a multi-course feast or a speedy midweek dinner, an induction cooktop can save you time – no matter what you’ve got cooking.
The NEFF induction cooktop range
For entertainers, professional cooks or large families, our NEFF induction cooktops provide smart solutions for demanding requirements. With six quality options to choose from, there’s a cooktop for every family. For home chefs who love to entertain while cooking, our 80 cm induction cooktop features an integrated ventilation unit – no bulky overhead rangehood necessary, so the cooktop can be placed in your island bench!
Looking for ultimate flexibility?
Our Flex induction cooktops automatically detect the number, size and shape of the pots and pans used and heat up precisely where it’s needed. As with all induction cooktops, the heat is generated directly in the cookware, resulting in precise cooking that stops the moment the power is switched off. Goodbye nasty power bill, hello convenience.
Which induction cooktop should I buy?
Choosing the right cooktop for you depends on your personal preference and the size of your space. But with NEFF’s range of products, you’re sure to find one you love.
- The Flex Induction range detects the number, size and shape of your pots and pans and instantly heats that exact spot. And as soon as you take the pan off, the heat stops.
- NEFF’s innovative Flex Induction Venting Cooktop has all the same features PLUS a vent in the middle that eliminates the need for a bulky rangehood and extracts steam and smells immediately
Other useful features of the NEFF induction cooktop range include:
- The Power Move function lets you divide your cooktop into three heat levels for cooking, simmering and keeping your food warm.
- The Power Boost mode is a time-saving hack that can bring your pot of pasta to boil in a flash.
- The TwistPadFire ® is an easy-to-use touchpad that gives you the power to activate your cooking zone and turn up the heat in on action
The vented cooktop range has an additional two inclusions:
- An automatic air sensor adjusts the extraction rate to match the situation in the kitchen.
- A reduced noise feature makes cooking quieter
Using NEFF’s induction range is as easy as placing your pots and pans anywhere on the cooktop and watching as they automatically heat up. Then all you have to do is select one of five temperature settings and let your stove tell you when the temperature is right.
You’ll also need magnetic or pan material cookware to use an induction cooktop because the cookware itself conducts heat. This method is more energy efficient, cleaner and safer to use than a normal cooktop.
Keen to get started with induction? Visit the NEFF website to learn more about the product range or have your own NEFF Experience and speak with a NEFF expert by phone or in person at your local retailer.
NEFF is a German-engineered kitchen appliance brand, with a product range that includes ovens, cooktops, rangehoods, coffee machines and dishwashers designed to make life in the kitchen a daily pleasure. For people who love to cook, NEFF gives you the tools to create meaningful connections, express your creativity and make memories. Because real life happens in the kitchen.
Learn more about NEFF here.