How to clean a NEFF oven with EasyClean and Pyrolitic features
Considering buying a NEFF oven? You can keep it looking brand new for years to come with these easy cleaning tips.
As any home cook knows, sometimes the best recipes can make the biggest mess. Even the best laid plans for cooking cleanliness can go awry with some overzealous bubbling or extra gooey cheese. If easy to clean features are high on your list when searching for a new oven, then you’ll love NEFF’s ultimate duo for perfect cleaning: EasyClean and Pyrolytic cleaning. Check your favourite NEFF oven’s user guide or product specs to see if it has these helpful features:
How to use EasyClean
For a quick clean that is also easy on the environment, NEFF ovens’ EasyClean function makes cleaning a breeze. This self-cleaning method is great for a lightly soiled oven, and uses a mixture of water and washing liquid to loosen the food residue.
Here’s how to use your EasyClean function:
- Start with a room temperature oven. If you’ve just finished cooking, you’ll need to wait for it to cool down sufficiently before beginning the cleaning process.
- Remove all the racks, rails and baking trays from within the oven.
- Mix a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid with 400mls water.
- Pour the water mixture into the bottom of your oven.
- Turn on your oven and press home, then flick through the settings until you get to EasyClean.
- Once it has finished its cleaning program, wipe the interior surfaces with a sponge and return all the accessories.
How to use the pyrolytic function
To complete the duo for perfect cleaning, NEFF’s pyrolytic function means that you never have to worry about big spills getting baked in. The oven is heated to approximately 485°C which reduces all the leftover food and spills to ash. This allows you to simply wipe it away with a damp cloth for a perfectly clean oven with no chemical cleaners or scrubbing. This method of cleaning your oven is not intended for frequent cleans, but rather every 6 – 12 months depending on how dirty your oven gets.
Here’s how to use your pyrolytic function:
- Remove all accessories from your oven, including the wire racks and rails, the water tank if you have a steam oven and all your baking trays.
- Give the interior a quick wipe down with a damp cloth to leave behind only the worst of the food residue.
- Turn on your oven and then flick through the options to find pyrolytic cleaning. You can choose between three levels for your cleaning, depending on the amount of food residue present and how long it has been in there. Confirm your selection and press start.
- The oven door will be locked shut throughout the cleaning process until it has cooled sufficiently to be wiped down. You will see a lock symbol to indicate that it can’t be opened.
- Wipe out any ash with a damp cloth and return your racks and rails.
For minor spills, you can still clean your oven using a damp cloth and gentle cleaning products after your oven has cooled following the cooking process. You can purchase NEFF approved oven cleaning products from your authorised dealer.
Want to find an oven with EasyClean and Pyrolytic cleaning? Click here to see which ovens have these features.